As I try to empty my brain before I prepare for bed on this brisk Saturday night, the annoyance bin seems everlasting. I know that we all only like to read inspirational things on the internet on our quests to be better beings but tonight, I just want to release all of the things that are annoying me at this present time. I have a fetish for writing list so that is what I will do:
1. Annoyance with everyone’s thirst to conform – we are living in an age where the opinion of some complete stranger on a social network is needed or considered. This means that there are actually people who mimic what they perceive as acceptance in order to gain acceptance for themselves. The amount of deception is at an all time high. My biggest annoyance is that purity is becoming extinct. Who’s real? Who’s fake?
2. Annoyance with the dating scene or lack thereof – Does anyone go on dates anymore? Courtship no longer exists and for a young sex kitten such as myself, the struggle is real. I haven’t been on a traditional date since November of last year. Me coming over to your house to watch a movie that has been edited for television is not my idea of a date. God forbid we go to a movie and you open the door for me.
3. One day I’m fat the next day I’m skinny – C’mon I know I’m not the only one who’s bathroom mirror seems like one of those fun house ones from the fair. How can I be on top of the world feeling hot and sassy one day and feeling like I’m pregnant with triplets the next? That’s annoying, make it stop! Maybe I will call the 24 hour maintenance line to see if I can get my mirror replaced.
4. Annoyance of complaints – If there is one thing that was instilled in me as a young girl that stuck with me forever was the fact that you can have whatever you want. Repeat after me, “I can have whatever I want, the world is mine”. You get out what you put in! I am beyond tired of hearing folks complain about their circumstances when they have the power to change them. Don’t like your job? Find a new one. Don’t like your relationship? End it. Life is literally too short, make moves toward your happiness!
5. Rejection exists – I am a cancer which is the most emotional sign in the zodiac. Everything makes me cry and I am super sensitive. Lately, I feel like I have been riding the rejection train. Things as simple as unanswered calls or texts can make me feel rejected so maybe I’m just dramatic. Once people know this about me and they don’t alter to cater to me, they get figuratively escorted to the nearest exit. Every relationship has its sacrifices right?
Now I could go on and on but I think the bin is low enough for me to finally close my eyes and count some sheep. I will end this random outburst with an inspirational quote to even out that preceding negativity.
“If YOU don’t see your worth, you’ll always choose people who don’t see it either. When your self esteem rises, your life follows.”
Follow my blog with Bloglovin